Whatever your plans for the long weekend, here’s a round up of just some of the Jubilee events taking place in North East Lincolnshire. *Please contact the organisers of these events for more information*
Bank Holiday Thursday 2 June
The first Bank Holiday on Thursday kicks off the celebrations with Beacon Lighting events at the following locations:
- Wendover Hall, Humberston at 9.45pm
- Waltham Windmill at 9.45pm
- Healing village at 9.45pm (their celebratory event starts at 7.15pm)
- Laceby village at 9.45pm
- Stallingborough village at 9.45pm (40s themed night starts 7.45pm)
- Alexandra Road, Cleethorpes plus Jubilee Street Party organised by the Armed Forces Events Team, 7pm onwards
If you fancy an open water swim, why not join the ‘Queen’s Dip’ with SUP School Cleethorpes on Thursday and Friday morning at 7.30am. They are also doing Queen’s Jubilee Paddle session on Friday morning.
Bank Holiday Friday 3 June
- Visit Grimsby town centre for the OE Jubilee Makers Market featuring over 40 stalls of local artists and artisans plus food stalls and entertainment. Held at Grimsby Minster, 10am-5pm
- Cleethorpes Cricket Club are hosting an Old Fashioned School Sports Day
- The Jubilee Inn, Wybers Wood are hosting a Ho’down Wild Wild West event from 12 noon
- There’s a Jubilee Party at The Barge Grimsby.
- Docks Academy are holding two great evening gigs for the Jubilee celebrations. See Sex Pistols Expose/The Clashed at 7.30pm and Mutant Movement 1977 Special 45th Anniversary Jubilee Celebration at 10pm. You will need tickets for these gigs, contact Docks Academy directly.
Saturday 4 June
- Join in the fun at the Platinum Party at the Market at Grimsby Top Town Market 10am to 3pm
- Have some fun on the beach with the Sand Castle building Competition with Cleethorpes SUP School, Brighton Slipway, 11am.
- Bring your picnic to the Jubilee Picnic at the Mill at Waltham Windmill, 11am to 4pm
- Immingham are holding their Jubilee Party at the Civic Centre, Immingham
- Bring your picnic to the Jubilee Picnic in the Park at People’s Park Bowling Green Pavilion, Grimsby
- Jubilee Picnic in the Park at Grant Thorald Park, Grimsby, 11am to 4pm organised by East Marsh United
- New Waltham Village are holding a Jubilee Festival at Greenlands open space New Waltham
- Laceby village are holding a Jubilee Garden Party at Saint Margaret’s church
- Brigsley village are holding a Jubilee Fair at Brigsley Village Hall, 12-4
- Enjoy evening entertainment with singer Alan Borrill at Cleethorpes Cricket Club
Sunday 5 June
- It’s the Orsted Great Grimsby 10K Race and Fun Run ending at People’s Park
- Bring a picnic or select food from one of the tasty food stalls at the Platinum Jubilee Picnic In The Park at People’s Park, Grimsby which begins as the 10K Race finishes. Sit back and relax and enjoy live music and walkabout entertainment until 3pm. On the day, there will be chance for children to get creative and make crowns and then take part in a procession around the park at 1.30pm. This will be followed by the sounds of the Hessle Ceilidh Band, that will no doubt get you up dancing!
- Sidney Park in Cleethorpes is hosting a Jubilee Community Picnic and Fun Day.
- In Laceby village they are holding a Big Picnic Lunch at Stanford School with music & entertainment and in Stallingborough village, on the playing field, there will be a Big Jubilee Lunch event.
- Round off the evening with swing music by The Cameraman for the Queen’s Jubilee Weekend at Kingsway Kiosk, Cleethorpes.
Family Films for just £3
This half term including the Jubilee weekend, Parkway Cinemas in Cleethorpes are bringing back some family favourites to the cinema screen. Enjoy a couple of hours with the kids and see:
- The Queen’s Corgi
- Boss Baby 2
- The Croods 2
- Sing 2
- Clifford, the Big Red Dog
- Gene Wilder’s classic Willy Wonka
Visit Parkway Cinema’s website for more details and to book.
Jubilicious Ice Cream from Scoops
Check out the Jubilee-inspired ice cream from Scoops. Pop to North Prom Cleethorpes to get yours this weekend.